Some moments from the last week at the CBS Broadcast Center working on the New York edition of The Talk:
- Walked into Paul Shaffer the other day. I’m a full head taller than he is. He popped out of a hallway and there was nothing I could do. I didn’t see him until it was too late. He was wearing sunglasses inside.
- Ran around the building carrying a small cup of guacamole trying to figure out how to get back upstairs. One of the makeup ladies was having avocado withdrawals.
- Speaking of which, the building is like a fucking maze. I got lost for half an hour on the first day.
- Imagine, if you will: Cuba Gooding Jr. sitting on a couch in his dressing room, reading the Daily News for about 40 minutes.
- Also: Guy Fieri, in his dressing room with the door wide open and his two assistants sitting on the couch behind him. He is wearing a wifebeater tank top, and his tattoo sleeves are faded. He is doing that thing where you swallow some air and fake burp, over and over. No one can tell him to stop.
So a “nap break” is when you take a break from the task you were doing to go sleep for a bit.
What do you call the thing where you take a break to do things between two naps?
JF: It is startling how many hours can be spent looking at cars I could never ever possibly buy on Bring A Trailer.
Yessssss of course members of a band managed by Mr. Kitman are also fans of strange old cars. Duh.